1950 Honda Type "D" Dream
A 1949 D-type Dream in pristine restored condition represents the Honda company’s first true production motorcycle. Painted a rich burgundy-red with white pinstripes, the D’s engine is a 2-stroke design.
Mass production of motorcycles began in 1949 with the “Dream Type D” model.
- Engine: Air-cooled 2-stroke single
- Displacement: 98.0cc
- Bore x Stroke: 50.0 x 50.0mm
- Max Power: 3.0ps/5,000rpm
- Transmission: 2-speed
- Clutch: Wet cone
- Starter: Kick
- Frame Type: Channel pressed steel
- Front Suspension: Telescopic
- Rear Suspension: Rigid
- Front Brake: Leading trailing drum
- Rear Brake: Leading trailing drum
- Dry Weight: 80.0 kg